Friday, June 18, 2010

6/19/10

For breakfast I had 3 hard boiled eggs and a cherry Coke zero.  I know, I know, the Coke is hardly nutritious.  But I needed the caffeine, and it was zero calories.

I made my dinner the night before so I wouldn't be caught without anything but fast food to eat again.  It's very hard to stay low carb with fast food.

For today's midday meal I have half a chicken thigh and half a chicken leg.  (Weird story - I thought I was buying split breasts at the grocery store, but I was actually buying split leg quarters.  They're strange.)  I also have some steamed broccoli, a lettuce and tomato salad with a bit of cheddar cheese, and some grapes and blueberries.  Did you know that blueberries aren't blue all the way through??  I didn't until just today.


For dinner I had a salad with egg (ala my new egg molds!  My daughter ate the fish egg ), some green beans and some meatloaf balls made with ground beef, an egg, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and what I thought was ketchup, but turned out to be Heinz 57 sauce.  Not bad, actually.  I covered them in tomato sauce and baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes.  I find that the balls take less time to cook than an entire loaf.  I do love meatloaf.  I tried to take a good picture to show the details of the egg shaped eggs, but I don't think I quite pulled it off.






No comments:

Post a Comment