Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/24/10

I was in a rush this morning, and when I left the house I grabbed 3 hard boiled eggs out of the fridge to eat for breakfast.  It's great that I have stuff like that on hand so I'm not tempted to make a fast food run.

I went to lunch with my mom, and she suggested Buffalo Wild Wings.  I just couldn't say no.  So I had 7 garlic parmesan wings and 3 sweet bbq wings.  They were so good that I don't feel bad about all of the carbs!  (BTW, I looked up the carb count of the wings, and I consumed about 6 grams of carbs.  Not as much as I thought!)

I've been wanting tacos for a couple of days, so I decided to make a taco salad.  I browned some hamburger and seasoned it with taco seasoning.  (It was pretty hard to find one that didn't contain added wheat).  I also added some chopped mushrooms.  While that was browning I shredded some cheese, and cut some lettuce, tomato, onion and olives for the top of the taco salad.

















I wanted some sour cream to go on it, but I'm not sure if I can have that in the phase of Atkins I'm in.  Also, I forgot it at the store :-).  I put the meat in a seperate container so I could heat it up when it's time to eat.  And then, of course, I have my strawberries, the last of the canteloupe and some grapes.  Fresh fruit has never tasted as good as it does this summer!  I think this will be a pretty filling lunch/dinner.

When I got home this evening, my daughter and I ate the rest of the grapes.  They were good.  Really good.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment