Saturday, July 24, 2010

7/24/10

Another Saturday, so another bento for my daughter.  She really loves her Hello Kitty bento boxes, and almost anything I put in them is going to be eaten.  It's still a novelty for her, and since I only do it once a week I think it'll stay that way for a while.


She has a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat mini bagel with lettuce and mayo, some carrot sticks, two peach slices, a strawberry, some cantaloupe and half a star shaped boiled egg.  I was boiling eggs last night and she had one for a snack.  I gave her half of it first, and she stuffed the entire half in her mouth!  I didn't know her mouth would open that big, LOL.

For myself I packed a lot of the same things.  Since I'm low carb and can't have mini bagel sandwiches, I have chicken instead.


In the top tier I have two boiled eggs (a fish and a car) some strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, and two cherries.  I don't think I've ever had fresh cherries.  They remind me of a plum, only not as juicy or sweet.  I really like them, but I could do without the pit!  In the bottom tier I have a baked chicken leg and some steamed zucchini.

A little later in the day I had a piece of leftover rotisserie chicken.  I went to my mom's house after work and I kind of fell off the carb wagon.  Let's see, I had some ice cream with hot fudge and whipped cream.  I had some spaghetti with whole wheat noodles.  I had some focaccia bread with dinner.  I believe it's safe to say that my diet was out the window for the day.  Back on the wagon tomorrow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment