Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7/28/10

I went to lunch with my mom today.  We went to a chinese buffet.  I had a various assortment of beef, chicken and lamb along with some vegetables.  It was all very good, but now I don't feel so good :-(

I feel like I haven't been getting enough vegetables today, so I included a lot for lunch/dinner.


I have a stuffed chicken breast that I bought at Wal-Mart.  It was already seasoned and stuffed so all I had to do was bake it for 30 minutes.  It's stuffed with swiss cheese and crimini mushrooms.  I sauteed some fresh mushrooms to go on top.  Along side that I have an entire steamed zucchini.  For fruit I have cantaloupe, grapes, cherries and strawberries.

I also have a giant salad that includes greens, celery, cucumber, turkey pepperoni, cheese and ranch on the side.  It's packed in the salad bowl I found at Target.  The lid had a spot for the fork and also holds a container for dressing.

When I got home I had a chili dog without the bun.  I had some left over chili that I heated up.  I then added sliced hot dogs, cheese and onions.  Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Hubby and I went to a Chinese buffet today too. I had them grill some beef, chicken, onions, bell peppers and celery and it was soo much fresher and better tasting than what they offered on the buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had them grill the food. I've always passed it, but never stopped. I'll have to do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chinese food, but depending on the buffet, the oil used to cook sometimes upsets my stomach. I don't cook in a lot of oil at home, so too much really doesn't sit well.

    Anyhow, great bentos, I love all the colors with the fresh veggies!

    Thanks for linking up this week! :o)

    ReplyDelete